Sunday, December 20, 2009

I would like you to meet Louise

I finally have a picture of my friend Louise, so I would like to introduce her to all of you.

Louise and I met via a wonderful website called Ravelry. It is a website for fiber fiends (knitters, crocheters, etc.).

A few months before we moved to France, I posted a note on Ravelry - on a group for knitters in France. It turns out that Louise lives in Montbazin, which is about 15 minutes from Bouzigues. Louise is originally from New York state, but she has lived in France for 11 years and St. Barts island for 11 years before that. She kindly invited me to her house when we arrived in France, and she and I have been knitting together most Tuesday afternoons ever since.

She and her daughter Chloe came over for dinner Friday evening. Louise brought two delightful things . . .


An adorable baked village

And my Christmas gift - gorgeous handspun yarn!

For those of you who know nothing about spinning yarn, this beautiful hank of yarn represents dozens of hours of spinning . . . more time than I can even fathom! I plan to knit myself a small shawl, which I will wear with absolute joy & delight!

Thank you very much, Louise! For the fabulous yarn and for the fabulous knitting afternoons. I'm glad we found each other.

Side note . . . That cute turquoise cowl that Louise is wearing is something I knit for her last Christmas. The sweater she is wearing is one of her hand knits.

Love to all!

No comments: