Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dado's Back & London with the Family

Dado’s flight to the US in May was a 24-hour, 3-plane nightmare. In the hopes of making his return flight to Europe less onerous, he took a direct 13-hour flight to London. We were there, at the Sheraton Heathrow, waiting impatiently for him to arrive. Much to our delight, he showed up at our hotel room at least an hour sooner than we expected. Yeah!!

It was so cool. After we all had our kisses & hugs (Almost more, since when he opened the door, I was only half-dressed! Like I said, he was an hour earlier than we expected. He he he.), Dado whipped open suitcases and started tossing presents around. The kids were practically falling over themselves and Dado, showing him new birthday gifts, the newly removed molar, etc., while he was showing us his goodies. It was the chaos that my family thrives on, and it was a joy to see.

We stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow long enough for Dado to shower and shave, then we were off to the Marriott Marble Arch in Londontown. We stayed there 3 nights, and it was a great hotel. We had a large room with a sofa bed for the kids, and there was a pool where the kids had a great time swimming.

While in London, we shopped, did a double-decker bus tour, took a short cruise on the Thames, toured the Tower of London, walked on the Tower Bridge, and we visited the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum.

Max was enthralled by Big Ben. Did you know that Big Ben is actually the name of the huge bell inside the clock tower? The tower has its own name, which I can’t remember right now.

Most of us decided that the Tower of London was our highlight of London. It was very sad, though. I actually sat on a bench, and we had a moment of family discussion and silence related to the people who lost their lives there.

Right now, there is an exhibition of King Henry XIII’s armor and weapons at the Tower. It was quite a cool exhibition!

The kids took more pictures than I did this time, so I will have to upload some from their cameras later.

Now we are home in Bouzigues, adjusting to “normal” life with Dado back at home. Yeah!

Love to all!!

No comments: