Bouzigues is beneath the red A.
Here are some points of interest:
- Water: L’Etang de Thau, the lagoon on which we live, is the large body of water we appear to be floating in. There are many etangs along the coast, and l'etang de thau is one of the largest. That’s the Med to the right!
- Meze: The closest “town”, which has a market on Thursday and Sunday. It also has a decent grocery store and our bank (ick!). Meze is about 5 minutes away.
- Balaruc-les-Bains: Home of the “cultural center”, which is the locals’ love-name for the Carrefour. There are a lot of useful stores in Balaruc, but it is not very picturesque. Balaruc is about 7 minutes away.
- Sete: This is the 4th largest port in
. It also boasts our closest train station. Sete is a very pretty canal town. The train station is about 15 minutes away, and Sete’s center is about 20 minutes away. France
- Pezenas: This is the home of the terrific Saturday market! Pezenas also has a brocante (antiques flea market) every other month, which we really enjoy. It has a charming centre ville with some amazing historical buildings. Pezenas is about 30 minutes away.
- Montbazin: This is where my new American knitting friend lives! She’s only 14 minutes away.
- Gigean: Home of the Abbaye St. Felix and la petite grotte. Gigean is about 10 minutes away.
St.Pons de Mauchiens: This is where we participated in la vendange!
- Frontignan: Frontignan reminds me a bit of
. . . lots of large stores and such. However, the Frontignan Plage (beach) is terrific! There are actually waves there. Santa Clara
- For my running friends: My “beach” run takes me around the little tip of l’etang from Bouzigues to Balaruc and back, which is probably a 10K distance – takes me about an hour. My “
” run takes me up a steep (kick-ass!) hill from Bouzigues into Loupian and back, which is probably an 8K distance – takes me about 45 minutes. Beverly Hills
- A9 (the large orange road): This is the auto route that goes from
Paristo . If we take the A9 toward the top of the map, Barcelona is about 30 minutes away from Bouzigues. We try not to use the A9, since it is much like any large interstate. We prefer the smaller, “B” roads that travel through villages! Montpellier
We have a lot of places still to explore.
Love to all!!