Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Breath-taking!

Our first full-day back in Bouzigues, I went for a long overdue run on my standard l'etang route. Usually when I run, I watch my feet pretty carefully - so I don't trip over rocks, puddles, etc. on the unpaved trail.

This was true on this run, too.

However, about 2/3 through my run, my calves started aching. I figured it was a result of jetlag and general "you haven't run in about 2 weeks, so of course you ache" kind of pain, so naturally I ignored it. A short while later, the aching increased. I decided I should actually listen to my body, so I started to walk instead.

Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh. As soon as I started walking, I finally looked up. This is what I saw directly to the left of the trail!

If I had continued to run, I could have literally run right past this amazing field of poppies! They grow wild here.

The picture simply doesn't do the sight justice. There is about a square acre of glorious, beautiful, bright red poppies - wavering in the wind. It is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.

The next day, I brought the family to see it, too. As you can see, the flowers are waist-high on me, which means that you can barely see Max. If he were to duck, he could disappear forever.

I wanted to share it with all of you. Enjoy!

Love to all!!

P.S. I'm not sure exactly what caused that ache in my calves, but I sure am grateful for it. Yes, I also plan to look up more often when running now. :)

No comments: